[Gate-users] rot1, rot2 macros in benchRT/gamma.mac

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jan 29 08:17:50 CET 2014

Hello Stathis,

rot1 and rot2 are parameters for the "GPS" 'Global Particle Source" system,
managed in G4. Information can be found for example here :
http://reat.space.qinetiq.com/gps/new_gps_sum_files/gps_sum.htm

thanks for the bug report regarding BenchAnalyse.C, please propose a patch,
we will integrate it in the current git.

Sincerely,
David

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Stathis Kamperis <ekamperi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sigh, too many typos. Sorry folks.
>
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Stathis Kamperis <ekamperi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear GATE users,
> >
> > I'm using GATE to simulate gamma and proton beams inside water
> > phantoms. I'd like to ask a very simple questions:
> >
> > In benchRT/gamma.mac, what do the 'rot1' and 'rot2' macros do ?
> > I checked here
> http://www.opengatecollaboration.org/sites/opengatecollaboration.org/files/GATE_v6.2_Complete_Users_Guide.pdf
> > and they are not mentioned at all. I suppose they do some sort of
> > rotation, but what exactly?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Stathis
> >
> > P.S. BenchAnalyse.C has a bug; it uses 'gFile' as a variable name for
> > gammas, but 'gFile' already exists in ROOT in global space and it
> > creates a conflict (which ends execution). I will submit a patch
> > later.

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U 1044
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut