[Gate-users] Unrealistic value of max dose with photon beams and a water phantom

Stathis Kamperis ekamperi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 21:07:52 CET 2014

Dear GATE users,

I'd like to reproduce the plot at the 5th page of the following presentation:

http://www.opengatecollaboration.org/sites/opengatecollaboration.org/files/Talk9-GATE_RT.pdf

I'm using the benchRT/gamma.mac as the basis of my experiments. I have
2 questions so far:

1. Why do I get my dose max at ~8.5cm of depth, instead of a much
smaller depth as shown in the presentation ?
(I've added: /gate/actor/doseDistribution/enableDose true to gamma.mac)

2. Why even though I add:
/gate/actor/doseDistribution/normaliseDose true

I still get unnormalized values of dose?

Best regards,
Stathis

P.S. Sorry for my naive questions; I'm just getting started.