[Gate-users] Basic vGate issues

Stephen Yip stephen.fyip1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 21:06:02 CET 2014

Hello,

I am trying to follow the step-by-step get started guide on
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V6.2:Getting_started

And I run into the following issues. Wonder if anybody knows what I did
wrong.

1.After typing

/vis/scene/endOfEventAction accumulate

vGate complained may use lots of memory, then recommended typing
"vis/scene/endOfEventAction
accumulate 10"

I typed it, vGate still complained using too much memory.

2. After typing

/gate/geometry/setMaterialDatabase MyMaterialDatabase.db

vGate complained about not being able to find the database file and abort
(core dumped) vGate.

3. After typing, '

/gate/cylindricalPET/setMaterial Water

It said it can't find the material water and kicked me out of the Gate.

Thanks,
Stephen