[Gate-users] Problems in VISUALIZATION

Débora Salvado debbiesal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 18:12:38 CET 2014

Hi Smita

Have you tried the following command?

/gate/geometry/rebuild

It needs to be run after the definition of the volume material, otherwise
you'll get an error message, I believe.

Cheers,
Débora Salvado

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 06:42:20 +0000
From: Tasneem Rahman <Tasneem.Rahman at student.adfa.edu.au>
To: Gate Users <gate-users at lists.opengatecollaboration.org>
Subject: [Gate-users] Problems in VISUALIZATION

Dear Gate Users,

I am going through the following link to get started with GATE:

http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V6.1:Getting_started

from the corresponding scripts of this link I should get the corresponding
figure in OGLSX window. But I can only see fig 1.1:World volume and later
on I can only see fig:1.7 after executing the initialization command.
Meanwhile the zoom commands are working while I can see the world volume is
basically zooming in. But I cannot see the scanners and rest of the
daughters (i.e fig 1.2 to 1.6). Is there any extra command to see these
updates that I am missing or this link didn't provide that?

Also while opening OGLSX, few failure commands are showing in the terminal
(please see the attached figure).  Are these the reason that I cannot see
the updates while making geometry?

I am using Gate_v6.1 in Ubuntu 11.10. Please let me know how to resolve
this issue.

Thanks,

Smita