[Gate-users] Problem in permanently setting environmental variables in GATE 6.1

Hojjat Mahani hojjat.mahani at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 12:53:20 CET 2014

Dear GATE users,

Hello,
I have faced a problem in permanently setting the correct environmental variables in GATE 6.1 on Ubuntu 12.04, 32 bit.

I have added the following command to the end of /etc/profile, but nothing happened (i.e., again, one has to type such a command in terminal before running the Gate).

source /opt/simulation/gate6_1/env_gate.sh > /dev/null

Any idea or comment would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Hojjat Mahani,
PhD Candidate of Medical Radiation Engineering