[Gate-users] GateMaterials.db

Marc Chamberland MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca
Fri Nov 29 13:50:48 CET 2013

Just wanted to mention that Michaela is absolutely correct. In fact, I think different scanner manufacturers use different ratio of Lutetium to Yttrium (for patent reasons), so unless you know exactly the composition of your crystal, you'll have to do a bit of guessing.

For what it's worth, here's what I use for LYSO:

LYSO:   d=7.36 g/cm3; n=4 ; state=Solid
        +el: name=Lutetium ; f=0.714467891
        +el: name=Yttrium ; f=0.04033805
        +el: name=Silicon; f=0.063714272
        +el: name=Oxygen; f=0.181479788

Of course, you may want to adjust those numbers to fit your own needs.

Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate
Department of Physics