[Gate-users] Using multiple point sources as a background source

山中 琢 takuyama at med.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed Mar 27 05:05:31 CET 2013

Hello Gaters,

I've been trying to set a background source distribution for a NEMA phantom
which has a complicated shape, so I tried using forbid and confine command.
But it didn't go well, it only gave me tons of errors and breaks, so now
I'm using randomly placed multiple point sources to imitate the background
source.

Another question arises here; how many sources GATE can handle? When I ran
a simulation with more than 10000 point sources, it seems to be frozen upon
reading the source part.
A part of my source macro is given below, and it goes on for 10000 times.
Should I use voxelized source instead?
Or, is there any way to set a background source activity for a given volume?

Thanks in advance.

Taku

------
system:
MacOS10.7.5
GATE6.1

/gate/source/addSource 1
/gate/source/1/gps/centre -4.71928     -14.9742      1.68563 cm
/gate/source/1/setActivity 5000. becquerel
/gate/source/1/gps/particle e+
/gate/source/1/gps/energytype Fluor18
/gate/source/1/gps/angtype iso
/gate/source/1/setForcedUnstableFlag true
/gate/source/1/setForcedHalfLife 6586 s
/gate/source/1/gps/type   Point

/gate/source/addSource 2
/gate/source/2/gps/centre -8.4103      0.36047     -16.3684 cm
/gate/source/2/setActivity 5000. becquerel
/gate/source/2/gps/particle e+
/gate/source/2/gps/energytype Fluor18
/gate/source/2/gps/angtype iso
/gate/source/2/setForcedUnstableFlag true
/gate/source/2/setForcedHalfLife 6586 s
/gate/source/2/gps/type   Point

and so on...

--
Hokkaido University,  Graduate school of medicine, medical physics and
engineering D1

takuyama at med.hokudai.ac.jp