[Gate-users] comparison of Gate 6.1 and Gate 6.2

Dominik Steinschaden dominik.steinschaden at aon.at
Fri Mar 15 14:20:02 CET 2013

Dear Gate Users!

We acquired data of gamma spectra of carbon ions in water with the 2
different Gate version 6.1 and 6.2. Now we noticed, that the spectra differ
a little bit from each other. The version Gate 6.2 is based on Geant 4
version 9.5 (patch 2), the Gate 6.1 version is based on Geant 4 version 9.4
(patch 1). As an attatchment we send you the 2 different spectra combined in
one logatihmic plot for one carbon ion energy. If aynbody knows which
version is closer to reality or what causes theses differences, please help
us.

Kind regards

Dominik and Andreas