[Gate-users] ProductionAndStoppingActor output

Ottavia Bertolli ottavia.bertolli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 12:17:17 CET 2013

Dear Gate users,

I'm new to GATE and I'm trying to obtain the coordinates of the
positron annihilation in a sphere made of water.
To do so I'm using the ProductionAndStoppingActor attached to the
water volume, with a filter that selects only positrons.
What I get as an output is a .txt file, which should be a 3D image, in
which this Actor stores the position where particles are produced and
where particles are stopped, but I don't now how to visualize this
file. If I open it with a text editor I just see a lot of zeroes.

Can anybody suggest me a way to read or interpret the output I get
from this Actor?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Ottavia