[Gate-users] Before and After Collimator

Carlos Uribe carluri at phas.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 7 01:05:34 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I want to understand how different collimators affect what my camera
detects gammas.

I want to run a simulation in which there's no collimator present and then
add some collimators and see how it changes.

One way of doing this would be by running the simulation N+1 times where N
is the number of different collimators.  I think this is time consuming
and, although the spectrum should be similar, there might be differences
due to the different random numbers, etc.

Is there a way of running a simulation without the collimator, somehow save
the spectrum, add the collimator and tell GATE to load the previous
spectrum and see how it changes?

Thank you very much in advance,

--
Carlos F Uribe