[Gate-users] ECAT and LMF installation in GATE 6.2

Saeed Heidary saeedheidary79 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:22:54 CET 2013

Hi Gate users
I am trying to add ecat and lmf to my GATE.6.2
but the linking problem appears same  the previous versions!

first ; when I extract the ecat.tar and read the install text file, after
running the 'make depend'
 I have ;
[root at saeed2 ecat7]# make depend
makedepend -Dunix -O -I. ./*.c ./lib_compress/*.c
/bin/sh: makedepend: command not found
make: *** [depend] Error 127
[root at saeed2 ecat7]#

second when I do the routine mentioned in the installation guide
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/New_Compilation_ProcedureV6.2

entering ;
/opt/simulation/ecat7
cp Makefile.unix Makefile
make
mkdir /opt/simulation/ecat7/include
cp *.h /opt/simulation/ecat7/include
mkdir lib
mkdir lib/Linux-g++
cp libecat.a lib/Linux-g++/
.
.
cd gate.6.2-build
ccmake ../gate_v6.2
   (configuring the paths and ecatHome )
make
make install

all things compile but Linkining error appears as the following;;

[100%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/Gate.dir/source/general/src/GateClockDependentMessenger.cc.o
Linking CXX executable Gate
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lecat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Gate] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Gate.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at localhost gate.6.2-build]#

I am highly appreciated  if any one has a standard procedure to install
ecat and lmf;
Many thanks in advance