[Gate-users] creating voxelized source from CT image

Siman ripesweetfruit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 21:24:39 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you can help me with creating a voxelized source
from CT images.  I am planning to assign activity to the voxelized phantom
that was created from CT images.  I tried to conver the CT images to
interfile format using imageJ nucmed plug in.  It, however, didn't work
out.  Upon running Gate source.mac, GATE complains about having 0 voxel
matrix dimension.  After changing the required matrix size, GATE complains
that it cannot read the .img file.  It just seems to me that the interfile
conversion didn't work properly for the CT images.  Please help.  Thank you
for your help!

cheers,

Siman

Here is my macro for the voxelized phantom

----------------
/gate/world/daughters/name mousefemur
/gate/world/daughters/insert ImageNestedParametrisedVolume
/gate/mousefemur/geometry/SetImage ../data/mouse_femur.hdr
/gate/mousefemur/geometry/SetHUToMaterialFile ../data/Phantom2Mat.txt
/gate/mousefemur/geometry/TranslateTheImageAtThisIsoCenter 0 0 0 cm
/gate/mousefemur/placement/setTranslation 0 0 0 cm
/gate/mousefemur/vis/forceWireframe
---------------

Phantom2Mat.txt
-511 0 Air
0 2 Body
2 27 Air
27 32 Air
32 253 Air
253 257 Bones
257 506 Air
506 510 Bones
510 7936 Air
-------------------

And here is the macro for the voxelized source (it didn't work, of course)

/gate/source/addSource betaminus voxel
/gate/source/betaminus/reader/insert image

/gate/source/betaminus/imageReader/translator/insert range
/gate/source/betaminus/imageReader/rangeTranslator/readTable
../data/range_source_femur.dat
/gate/source/betaminus/imageReader/rangeTranslator/describe 1
/gate/source/betaminus/imageReader/readFile ../data/mouse_femur.hdr  (what
type of file should I convert the CT image to?)
/gate/source/betaminus/imageReader/verbose 3

----------------------
range_source_femur.dat
-511 0 Air
0 2 Body