[Gate-users] how to specify I-123 energy distributions

Lee, Sam (SAM LEE) slee91 at utk.edu
Wed May 9 22:55:01 CEST 2012

Hey guys!

I am trying to model a I-123 with the following energy distributions.

1) 159 keV 83%
2) 346 keV 0.13%
3) 440 keV: 0.42%
4) 505 keV: 0.32%
5) 529 keV: 1.39%
6) 539 keV: 0.38%

for example, there is 83% chance that 159 keV gamma photon is emitted.

In this case, do I need to use arbitrary point-wise spectrum "Arb"? There seems to be no clear explanation of how to use this command in Gate manual. Can anyone point me to a good example of how to use arb?

Thanks,
Sanghyeb(Sam) Lee

PhD Candidate
University of Tennessee, Knoxville