[Gate-users] startDAQ doesn't start

Vesna Cuplov vesna.cuplov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:48:03 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

I am running a simple macro which simulates a scanner system (PMT plus
pixel array). I work with
a voxelized moby phantom. My source is a simple optical photon source.

When I use:
/gate/application/setTotalNumberOfPrimaries       1000
/gate/application/start

I can detect all the fluorescent optical photons that were emitted by the
fluorophore inserted in the moby phantom.

But when I switch to:
/gate/application/setTimeSlice   1 s
/gate/application/setTimeStart   0   ms
/gate/application/setTimeStop    1 s
/gate/application/startDAQ

Nothing seems to occur in the simulation. I don't even see any optical
photons being produced by the source....

I tried to fix that by adding the following to the source description:
/gate/source/Mysource/setForcedUnstableFlag false
but that did not help.

My source is defined as follows:

/gate/source/addSource                                Mysource gps
/gate/source/Mysource/gps/particle               opticalphoton
/gate/source/Mysource/gps/energytype          Mono
/gate/source/Mysource/gps/polarization           1 0 0
/gate/source/Mysource/gps/monoenergy             3.1 eV
/gate/source/Mysource/gps/centre                 1. 1.6 -200. cm
/gate/source/Mysource/gps/direction 0. 0. 1.
#/gate/source/Mysource/setForcedUnstableFlag false

If you have any idea on what could be missing in my simulation while
switching from setTotalNumberOfPrimaries and startDAQ,
let me know.

vesna