[Gate-users] Help: No output

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:06:43 CET 2011

Hi,

Just to precise something about the new physics handling since the gate v6:

The physics before this version automatically included processes for
charged particles. You only were able to manage those associated to gammas.
Then in the new versions, you can manage ALL processes associated to ANY
particle (charged or not).
And by default, there is no process at all included, so you have to well
control your physics list.
Then, the gamma itself does not deposit energy in the crystal, this is the
electron coming from compton or photoelectric interactions that ionize the
crystal then.

Hope this clarifies things,
Simon