[Gate-users] How to simulate SPECT slant hole collimatior

Yanfei Mao yanfei_mao017 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 18:10:38 CEST 2011

Hi Didier,

Thank you for your reply. I am writing a program for slant hole collimator. I try to call
functions in GATE to generate oblique hexagonal prism. However, class
G4Trap only allows to create general trapezoid. In the program for
fanbeam collimator (GateParameterisedCollimatorInserter), it calls class GateTrapCreator to create fanbeam. In the parallel beam collimator program (GateParallelBeamInserter), it
calls class GateHexagonCreator to create right hexagonal prism.
1. Which one can I use to generate oblique hexagonal prism, GateTrapCreator or GateHexagonCreator?
2.
 How do they create fanbeam collimator? (First, call GateTrapCreator to
generate one hexagonal prism, then, call G4PVParameterised to repeat
hexagonal prism in the whole collimator?)
3. What's the function of GateBoxReplicaInserter in GataParallelBeamInserter?

Thank you!
Yanfei Mao