[Gate-users] Ion source - timestamp problem Gate 6.0.1

Mercedes Rodriguez mrvilla at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 30 19:20:04 CEST 2011

Hello Uwe and Didier,

Thank you very much for looking at the problem with the ion source. I
also tried running my simulation using Gate 6.1 but several problems
appeared (apart from the one related to the timestamp) that I gave up
and returned straightaway to Gate 6.0. I'm interested in using an ion
source but I don't know how to solve the problem. It'd be very very
useful if the Gate developers can have a quick look at it.

With my best regards,
Mercedes

On 3/30/2011 3:56 AM, Uwe Pietrzyk wrote:

> Hi Didier,
>
> I tried this issue with GATE 6.1 and found the same problem as Mercedes in
> her runs. Using ion sources (ex: O-15) give simply crazy time stamps,
> starting with:
>
> 1.01108082430250235006497e+02  !!
>
> according to the ascii printout of "singles".
>
> Using a simple positron source with O-15 decay times I receive:
>
> 9.08127148493307485720334e-07 !!,
>
> which to me look quite different. Something is wrong there.
> As I mentioned some time ago, also the scatter fractions look
> differently.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Uwe
> -----
> On 30.03.2011, at 04:48, Didier Benoit wrote:
>
>> Hi Mercedes,
>>
>> Could you test your macro with GATE 6.1? Many bugs have been fixed
>> concerning the sources in GATE.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Didier Benoit
>>
>> On Mar 22, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Mercedes Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Gate Users,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use an ion source (18F, 22Na or 15O) for a PETscanner
>>> geometry and the simulation provides strange results for the
>>> timestamps. For instance, I run the simulation using 18F,
>>> setTimeSlice=60 s and the time histogram for coincidence events goes