[Gate-users] Ion source - timestamp problem Gate 6.0.1

Didier Benoit benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr
Wed Mar 30 04:48:10 CEST 2011

Hi Mercedes,

Could you test your macro with GATE 6.1? Many bugs have been fixed concerning the sources in GATE.

Kind Regards,
Didier Benoit

On Mar 22, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Mercedes Rodriguez wrote:

> Dear Gate Users,
>
> I'm trying to use an ion source (18F, 22Na or 15O) for a PETscanner geometry and the simulation provides strange results for the timestamps. For instance, I run the simulation using 18F, setTimeSlice=60 s and the time histogram for coincidence events goes from 0 to ~100000 s, following an exponential decay. No randoms and no scattered events are produced. My guess is that time sampling is incorrect when using an ion source.
>
> When I run the simulation for e+ that have an 18F energy spectrum (and the corresponding half life) I obtain randoms and scattered events different from zero and the time histogram is what I expect, flat from 0 to 60 s. I'm attaching a pdf file with a couple of graphs for 18F (ion source and e+), Ao=4e5 Bq, TimeSlice=60s.
>
> Any idea of what could be happening?
>
> Regards.
> Mercedes
>
> --
> Mercedes Rodriguez Villafuerte, Ph.D.
> Visiting Professor, Cherry's Lab
> BME, UC Davis
> 451 Health Sciences Drive, GBSF 2505
> Davis, CA 95616
>
> Tel: 530-752-6387

Didier BENOIT, GATE Engineer
Imagerie et Modélisation en Neurobiologie et Cancérologie (IMNC)
IMNC – UMR 8165 CNRS – Université Paris 7 – Université Paris 11
Campus d’Orsay
Bâtiment 440
91406 ORSAY Cedex

Tél : (33) 1 69 15 68 76