[Gate-users] Ion source - timestamp problem Gate 6.0.1

Mercedes Rodriguez mrvilla at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 22 19:16:58 CET 2011

Dear Gate Users,

I'm trying to use an ion source (18F, 22Na or 15O) for a PETscanner
geometry and the simulation provides strange results for the timestamps.
For instance, I run the simulation using 18F, setTimeSlice=60 s and the
time histogram for coincidence events goes from 0 to ~100000 s,
following an exponential decay. No randoms and no scattered events are
produced. My guess is that time sampling is incorrect when using an ion
source.

When I run the simulation for e+ that have an 18F energy spectrum (and
the corresponding half life) I obtain randoms and scattered events
different from zero and the time histogram is what I expect, flat from 0
to 60 s. I'm attaching a pdf file with a couple of graphs for 18F (ion
source and e+), Ao=4e5 Bq, TimeSlice=60s.

Any idea of what could be happening?

Regards.
Mercedes

--