[Gate-users] Gate V6.1 Compilation problem.

Olivier LAHAYE olivier.lahaye at cea.fr
Fri Mar 4 16:10:04 CET 2011

I've downlmoaded Gate V6.1 and tried to compile it, unfortunately, there is a
problem in file GateFastAnalysis.cc which triggers the following compilation
failure:
Compiling GateFastAnalysis.cc ...
src/GateFastAnalysis.cc: In member function ‘virtual void
GateFastAnalysis::RecordEndOfEvent(const G4Event*)’:
src/GateFastAnalysis.cc:105: erreur: no matching function for call to
‘GateCrystalHit::SetSourcePosition(int)’
../digits_hits/include/GateCrystalHit.hh:123: note: candidats are: void
GateCrystalHit::SetSourcePosition(const G4ThreeVector&)
src/GateFastAnalysis.cc: At global scope:
src/GateFastAnalysis.cc:119: attention : unused parameter ‘v’
make[1]: *** [../../tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/GateFastAnalysis.o] Error 1

After digging a little bit, I was able to make things compile with the
attached patch. Unfortunately, I'm a C++ newbie and therefore I'm unable if
its a good or bad fix. This change juste made things compile. It may not work!
Please revew if it's ok before committing it.

Build dependancies used:
libXaw-devel-1.0.2-8.1
libXpm-devel-3.5.5-3
qt4-devel-4.7.1-0