[Gate-users] vGate Password isn't working

Neveen Shlayan neveenshlayan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:00:54 CEST 2011

Thank you Michaela so much I'll try that and let you know how it goes..

Neveen

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Gaens, Michaela <m.gaens at fz-juelich.de>wrote:

> Dear Neveen,
>
> we had exactly the same problem yesterday. We found out that the keyboard
> layout in vGate is set to French, so the "a" we were typing was actually a
> "q". Try typing the password in the username box instead of the password box
> to see what you're actually typing.
>
> I think it is possible to change the keyboard layout on the login screen (
> first click on the username and then some options appear on the bottom of
> the screen), I'm not sure about that though. You should change it generally
> in the system preferences once you're logged in.
>
> Best regards,
> Michaela
>

> On 26.07.2011, at 15:35, Neveen Shlayan wrote:
>
> > I installed VM in order to get vGate however the password provided in the
> > guide "virtual" isn't working..
> > Did anyone have this problem? and how was it fixed??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neveen
> >

> > *
> > *

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
> Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Neveen Shlayan,
http://sites.google.com/site/neveenshlayan/Home

Researcher, Transportation Research Center
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
M.S. Student, Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89154-4026

*