[Gate-users] Back to Back source

Emmanuel BRARD emmanuel.brard at iphc.cnrs.fr
Mon Feb 21 10:08:20 CET 2011

Dear Gate users,

I am still under investigation for my positron issue in the meantime though
I have decided to try with a back to back source. I downloaded the file
BackToBack.cc which has been sent over the maillist since the one
distributed with 6.0.p01 does not work. The emission seemed correct to me,
at least the random behavior disappeared but I noticed a strange behavior
with co-linearity. I would  like to have a perfect back to back emission
with no acolinearity at all which seems to be the default value according to
file ./physics/src/GateVSource.cc:66:  m_accolinearityFlag = false;

But I still have some non-colinear emission so I tried to force It with the
Gate command /gate/source/twogamma/setAccolinearityFlag true but this issue
would not disappear.

Hereafter is a copy of my source file :

# Back to back source for F18 (from manual)

/gate/source/addSource twogamma

/gate/source/twogamma/setActivity 100000. becquerel

/gate/source/twogamma/setType backtoback

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/particle gamma

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/monoenergy 511. keV

#/gate/source/twogamma/setForcedUnstableFlag true

#/gate/source/twogamma/setForcedHalfLife 6586 s

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/type Plane

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/shape Circle

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/radius 15.0 mm

#/gate/source/twogamma/gps/type Point

#/gate/source/twogamma/gps/centre 0.8 0.8 0. mm

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/angtype iso

# Uncomment the parameters below if you want the source

# to emit in an XY (transverse) plane

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/mintheta 90. deg

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/maxtheta 90. deg

# The parameters below mean that the source emits

# at all angles in the transverse (XY) directions

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/minphi 0. deg

/gate/source/twogamma/gps/maxphi 360. deg

#/gate/source/twogamma/gps/minphi 90. deg

#/gate/source/twogamma/gps/maxphi 90. deg

/gate/source/twogamma/setAccolinearityFlag true

Thank you,

BRARD Emmanuel

emmanuel.brard at alumni.u-psud.fr

Medical Physics - PhD Student