[Gate-users] geant4-9.4 support?

Didier Benoit benoit at imnc.in2p3.fr
Fri Feb 4 16:12:32 CET 2011

Hi Olivier,

Yes, GATE v6.0 supports geant4 9.2 only. We put online a new release of
GATE (6.1) soon. This release will support Geant4 9.3 and 9.4.

Kind Regards,
Didier Benoit

On 02/04/2011 12:36 PM, Olivier LAHAYE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any plans to have Gate compatible with geant4-9.4?
>
> As sysadmin, some of my users require some of the new geant4-9.4 features.
> Unfortunately, geant4-9.4 has removed support for leading_particle model
> (G4Mars5GeV.hh has been removed for example) which seems required by Gate
> v6.0.
> Thus compiling Gate V6.0 with geant4-9.4 (not supported) fails with the
> following error:
>
> Compiling Gate.cc ...
> Dans le fichier inclus à partir de ./source/physics/include/GateVProcess.hh:46,
>            à partir de ./source/physics/include/GatePhysicsList.hh:25,
>            à partir de
> ./source/geometry/include/GateDetectorConstruction.hh:23,
>            à partir de Gate.cc:14:
> ./source/physics/include/GateHadronicModelHeaders.hh:55:25: erreur:
> G4Mars5GeV.hh : Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> make: *** [/home/******/rpm/BUILD/gate_v6.0_p01/tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/exe/Gate.o]
> Erreur 1
>
> Many thanks for info about progress and expected compatibility of the next
> Gate release.
>

> Best regards,
>
> PS: I can be a beta test site.

Didier BENOIT, GATE Engineer

Imagerie et Modélisation en Neurobiologie et Cancérologie (IMNC)
IMNC – UMR 8165 CNRS – Université Paris 7 – Université Paris 11
Campus d’Orsay
Bâtiment 440
91405 ORSAY Cedex

Tél : (33) 1 69 15 68 76