[Gate-users] Fwd: NOT ANYTHING? Pause and Continue of running GATE and take interfile outputs?

shahrokh nasseri shahrokh.nasseri at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 07:26:21 CEST 2010

Hi,
I realized that some Monte Carlo codes (e.g. MCNP) have the ability to pause
the execution of program by user, to take data output and finally to
continue the running of program according to the operator's desire. Is it
possible in GATE, particularly about interfile output?

I know that the information about the particles recorded is added to root
output file during the running of GATE and user is able to see this
information accumulated in root file in any time of program execution. It
seems there is no possibility for interfile output!? I know that Ctrl+Z
(that is, while holding the Ctrl key down, tap the 'Z' key) stops the
running of GATE, but there is no projection in interfile output (in gate.hdr
and gate.sin).

Please help me.
Shahrokh