[Gate-users] basic questions

Ismet Isnaini ismeth74 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 03:32:54 CEST 2010

hi everyone,

I have some basic question about GATE

1. When we have a source, we should have the source confined in a phantom. Is
that correct?
so, for example we are using a Derenzo sources as in the example file
(attached).. is that mean that we should also created the phantom of the same
size and shape ?
In that example.. I just saw the source of spheres ... but I didnt see the big
cylinder which holds all the spheres...

If yes, after that...

What is the relation between the source and the phantom?
should we "attach" the source to the phantom ?
or the source will be automatically inside the phantom as long as we got the
correct/allign the position for both phantom and sources ?

2. As in the case of cold phantom..

let say we use the derenzo phantom for cold phantom which means that
the spheres/tubes in the derenzo phantom will have no activity while the rest of
them with activity. So I guess for cold phantom we should do
1. define the big cylinder
2. define the sphere for derenzo phantom and attached it to the cylinder
3. define the sources for each sphere (and attached it to the phantom ?????)
4. define the sphere as Cold phantom

what I got confuse..
how about the rest of the volume in the big cylinder (other than the spheres)???
Should we defined the whole cylinder and not declared it as cold-phantom ??

please help to clarify.

regards

ismet