[Gate-users] GATE 5.0 installation problems with Ubuntu 9.10

Irène Buvat buvat at imnc.in2p3.fr
Tue Jan 12 09:51:28 CET 2010

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:27:03 -0300
From: Fernando Rannou rannou at diinf.usach.cl

Hi Freddie

Did you see a compilation error when compiling Gate?
The linking error you see at the end is probably due to
an earlier compilation error.

Fernando

Freddie D wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been attempting to install GATE v 5.0 (after installing
> Geant4.9.1.p03, LMF 3.0, ROOT, CLHEP 2.0.3.2 using gcc v 4.2.4) on Ubuntu
> 9.10. Everything appears to run smoothly, but after attempting to compile
> GATE, the attempt crashes with the message below.
>
> In short, the GateARFDataToRoot program does not seem to be compiling
> properly. I have attempted to solve this problem by adding the
> ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (I have
> verified that the ROOT library and CLHEP library are also included in this
> path), but the problem persists. Please let me know I am doing wrong. I
> believe other Ubuntu users (see October 2009
archive) have run into similar
> problems, but the GATE archives do not appear to list this particular one.
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Freddie
>
> error message after compiling GATE:
>
> Using granular libraries ...
> Linking Gate ...
> ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a(GateOutputMgr.o): In function
> `GateOutputMgr::GateOutputMgr(G4String)':
> GateOutputMgr.cc:(.text+0xddd): undefined reference to
> `GateARFDataToRoot::GateARFDataToRoot(G4String const&, GateOutputMgr*,
> DigiMode)'
> ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a(GateOutputMgr.o): In function
> `GateOutputMgr::GateOutputMgr(G4String)':
> GateOutputMgr.cc:(.text+0x152d): undefined reference to
> `GateARFDataToRoot::GateARFDataToRoot(G4String const&, GateOutputMgr*,
> DigiMode)'
> ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a(GateSteppingAction.o): In function
> `GateSteppingAction::UserSteppingAction(G4Step const*)':
> GateSteppingAction.cc:(.text+0x2755): undefined reference to `typeinfo for
> GateARFDataToRoot'
> GateSteppingAction.cc:(.text+0x3e9b): undefined reference to
> `GateARFDataToRoot::IncrementNbOfSourcePhotons()'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/Linux-g++/Gate] Error 1

y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.

--
Irène Buvat, PhD

Tel : (33) (0)1 69 15 36 40
Fax : (33) (0)1 69 15 71 96