[Gate-users] Re : help gate_v5

Samuel BURG samuel_burg at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 9 10:21:16 CET 2010

did you use this version (see copy of the post) ?

NB : before to use those "packages", you need :
- Internet connection on the relevent PC
- exact version of the listed files
- sudo aptitude update; sudo aptitude  upgrade; sudo aptitude install emacs

NB2 : what is your system ? distrib, version, graphic card, opengl driver
etc....

To automate the Gate software installation on the latest Ubuntu 10.04
LTS version (Lucid), we wrote a small set of scripts that setup, patch
and install all the main dependencies of Gate version 5.

We provide two versions of the archive. The small edition only
contains the scripts and two libraries that are hard to get otherwise.
You have to get the precise version of the other programs to run the
script. The full edition contains everything needed to install and
setup a Gate install. The full edition is recommended for most user.
The install instructions are provided in the INSTALL files.

Gate 5 small (~2Mo): http://www.sendspace.com/file/86ekz7

Gate 5 full (~140Mo): http://www.sendspace.com/file/f36uzg

If you have any questions or remarks, we will be happy to answer them.

We will be sending patches on the mailing list regarding some issues
with the Gate 5 compilation. These patches are integrated to both
edition of the archive.

Alexandre Dupas and Samuel Burg

Samuel Burg

Mail : <samuel_burg at yahoo.fr>
"Aw, come on, who would be so stupid as to insert a cast
to make an error go away without actually fixing the error?"
Apparently everyone.
-- Raymond Chen --