[Gate-users] "/gate/random/setEngineSeed auto" always generates the same results

Franck P. Vidal franck.p.vidal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 00:47:14 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I set the random number generator as follows:
    /gate/random/setEngineName MersenneTwister
    /gate/random/setEngineSeed auto
    /gate/random/verbose 1

Every time I run my simulation, the output is always identical (e.g.
when I enable the ASCII output in "example_CT/fast"
benchmarkFastCTHits.dat, or the raw data benchmarkFastCT_000.dat),
whereas the initial seeds are different.

Even with   /gate/random/setEngineSeed   567489   I get the same output.

Is there any reason for that?
I was expecting the results to be different.

Best Regards,

Franck

--
Dr Franck P. Vidal