[Gate-users] Downloading gate

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas.spalinger at healthgrid.org
Tue Jul 7 10:53:29 CEST 2009

Roger Fulton wrote:
> Dear Gate users
> This may be a silly question as I am new to GATE, but is anyone else
> having trouble downloading GATE from the website
> (http://opengatecollaboration.healthgrid.org/ )??
>
> When I log in as  a registered user I am taken to the page
> http://accounts.opengatecollaboration.healthgrid.org/. Here there
> several tantalizing links - 'Download Gate', 'Access the GATE
> documentation', 'Read the FAQ' etc, but none of them take me to the page
> concerned. All take me to a page titled 'Overview of GATE'.
>
> Can it be only me who has this problem? I have tried accessing the site
> with different browsers and different hardware platforms over the past
> few days but all behave the same way. At one stage over the weekend I
> was able to connect briefly using Safari, and thought the problem mus be
> related to the browser used, but now even safari does not work.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

This problem is not due to specific browsers or platforms but due to
aggressive caching or proxying in your network which drops the
authentication cookie so you go back to "Overview of GATE" as if you
were not authenticated.

It doesn't happen to everyone, only institute with agressive caching in
their local network.

We're working on resolving the issue.

> Apologies in advance if this question is covered in the FAQ. I cannot
> open the FAQ.
>
> Thanks
> Roger Fulton

Nicolas Spalinger  |  sysadmin - research engineer - CTO
http://www.healthgrid.org  |  a human grid initiative
Tel: +33 (0)473 405 155  |  Fax: +33 (0)473 405 002
36 Rue Charles de Montesquieu F-63430 Pont-du-Château