[Gate-users] ecat output pb

Edoardo Pasca e.pasca at nki.nl
Tue Feb 3 12:21:45 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 11:42 +0100, dounia84 at aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having troubles since a long time with ecat7 output while
> installing Gate v4.
> I compiled ecat lib and put machineindep.h and matrix and libecat.a in
> folders in usr/local/ECAT as it is advised. Anyway i get those errors
> when i type make for Gate.
> Compiling GateVisManager.cc ...
> Compiling GateXMLDocument.cc ...
> source/management finished
> Creating/replacing object files in ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a ...
> ar: creating ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a
> Compiling Gate.cc ...
> Using granular libraries ...
> Linking Gate ...
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lecat
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/Linux-g++/Gate] Error 1
> Since i am on this for a long time now and i have no more issues could anyone help me please?

Looks to me that your linker doesn't fint the libecat library. Reading
the manual (pag 167, sec 10.6.1) you find that the ecat library has to
be installed in a peculiar directory: this is the structure I used:

/usr/local/ecat
/usr/local/ecat/lib
/usr/local/ecat/lib/Linux-g++
/usr/local/ecat/lib/Linux-g++/libecat.a