[Gate-users] ecat output pb

dounia84 at aol.com dounia84 at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 11:42:45 CET 2009

Hello,

I am having troubles since a long time with ecat7 output while installing Gate v4.
I compiled ecat lib and put machineindep.h and matrix and libecat.a in folders in usr/local/ECAT as it is advised. Anyway i get those errors when i type make for Gate.
Compiling GateVisManager.cc ...

Compiling GateXMLDocument.cc ...

source/management finished

Creating/replacing object files in ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a ...

ar: creating ./tmp/Linux-g++/Gate/libGate.a

Compiling Gate.cc ...

Using granular libraries ...

Linking Gate ...

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lecat

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [bin/Linux-g++/Gate] Error 1

Since i am on this for a long time now and i have no more issues could anyone help me please?
thanks.

Dounia Taleb
Imagerie medicale experimentale - Département de physique
Université de Liège - Institut de Physique, B5
B-4000 Liège 1 (Sart-Tilman) - Belgique
Tel: +32-4-3663152