[Gate-users] Re : Cannot get visualization to work with GATE

Samuel BURG samuel_burg at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 4 13:24:04 CEST 2009

Hi !

have you installed the openGL and others "devel" package before to compile geant4 and gate ?

eg for ubuntu :
apt-get -y update
apt-get -y upgrade
apt-get -y --force-yes install build-essential emacs csh g77
apt-get -y --force-yes install lesstif2-dev libxmu-dev
apt-get -y --force-yes install libxml2-dev libmysql++-dev libfftw3-dev
apt-get -y --force-yes install libtiff-dev libxpm-dev libpng12-dev libpng3
apt-get -y --force-yes install libgl1-mesa-dev libgle3-dev libglew1.5 libglew1.5-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libglut3-dev glutg3-dev

eg for Fedora :
yum -y update
yum -y install lesstif lesstif-devel lesstif-mwm libtiff-static tcsh compat-gcc-34-g77
yum -y install libpng10 libpng10-devel libpng-static mysql mysql++ mysql-devel mysql++-devel

a few weeks ago I've post a complete script/tutorial about how to quickly install open-Gate (with openGL, LMF3, ECAT7 ...) on Fedora 8 / Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Best Regards

and good luck !

Samuel