[Gate-users] Impossible (or Improbable ) timestamps for Randoms Coincidences

Paul Vaska vaska at bnl.gov
Mon Jun 30 20:15:45 CEST 2008

We have seen this as well and it seems like a bug.  It looks like the
coincidence processor is using a different time than the time
reported in the output data.  For example, if the coincidence code
uses the exact event time and the output code reports the event time
after time resolution blurring, then you can have events like this.
But we've not proven that this is the specific cause.

Paul

Paul Vaska, Ph.D.
Medical Department, Building 490
Brookhaven National Laboratory