[Gate-users] CylindricalPET inside a large lead box or cylinder ?

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:05:44 CET 2008

Hi,

2008/1/24, Sanae Rechka <Sanae.Rechka at usherbrooke.ca>:

> Dear Gate users,
>
> Is it possible to place the CylindricalPET inside a large lead box or
> cylinder
> to store the energy of photons outside the scanner (photons which escape
> from
> the scanner)?

One possibility is to define the world material to lead, an other is to
define a big lead box over your CylindricalPET, but there is no interest to
do such a thing because in lead your gammas will be stop before traversing
one mm ! so they won't escape from your box and you will not be able to see
them after. I don't really see a solution to your investigation at the
moment but if I have an idea, I will send you (but I think this is not
possible without modifying the gate source code and even the geant4 source
code !)

Good luck !
Simon

Of course, I am aware of this :