[Gate-users] news for 2008

Irène Buvat buvat at imed.jussieu.fr
Wed Jan 2 23:54:14 CET 2008

Dear Gate-users,

I wish you a Happy New Year, and would like to take this opportunity
for giving you some news about Gate :

- first, the next training session for Gate new comers will take
place in Clermont-Ferrand, France, from Monday March 10th  (at 2 pm)
to Wednesday March 12th (at 2 pm) 2008. The registration will open
soon (by January 15th, I'll send an email on the Website as soon as
it is open), and the number of attendees will be limited. Please save
the dates if you are interested in attending. One day and a half will
be dedicated to learning how to use Gate, while the last half-day
will be optional for those willing to learn how to install Gate.

- there will be a Gate user meeting during the 2008 NSS-MIC that will
take place in October in Dresden. All Gate users will be welcome and
a panel of Gate developers will be there to inform you about the
lastest developments. If you'd like to have anything specific
expectation for that meeting, or have any suggestion regarding what
you would like to be covered during this Gate-user meeting, please do
contact me well in advance so that we can make our best to answer
your requests.

- we are currently working hard to understand the strange behaviors
of Gate that have been reported recently (thanks to Simon Stute, from
my lab, who is  spending quite a lot of time to try reproduce what
others have reported and understand the reasons for these results).
We hope to provide explanations or patches if needed very soon.
Thanks also to all of you who, as Gate-users, share your experience
with Gate. This is the only way we can broadly test Gate in very
different situations and identify bugs or limitations of the code.

Again, all my best wishes for 2008, and thanks again for your interest in Gate.

Best regards,

Irene
--
Irene Buvat, PhD