[Gate-users] Help with GATE installation

Claude Comtat claude.comtat at cea.fr
Wed Mar 21 11:19:58 CET 2007

Hi Steven,

I'm answering you about the ECAT7 part. The compiler can not find the
ecat7 related header files "matrix.h" and "machine_indep.h". Please
follow the instructions given in the user's guide:

Three files are required: the library file libecat.a and the two header
files matrix.h and machine_indep.h. To compile Gate with the ecat7
library without changing the env_gate.csh and GNUmakefile files, the
environment variable ECAT7_HOME has to be defined and set to the name of
the home directory where the ecat7 library is installed (for example,
/usr/local/ecat7). In this ecat7 home directory, two subdirectories
should be created: lib and include. The header files are put in the
${ECAT7_HOME}/include directory. For each system, a specific
subdirectory named after the G4SYSTEM environment variable value should
be created in the ${ECAT7_HOME}/lib directory. The corresponding library
file libecat.a has to be located in this ${ECAT7_HOME}/lib/${G4SYSTEM}
directory. The matrix.h file has to be modified to add the declaration
of the mh_update() function. The following line can be added in the
"high level user functions" part of matrix.h:
int mh_update(MatrixFile*);

Hope this helps,

Claude