[Gate-users] Re: Gate-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 9

D.J. van der Laan d.j.vanderlaan at tnw.tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 13 15:15:54 CEST 2006

You could probably use the hits output of Gate for this. One of the
columns in this output is the process, and one of the possible processes
is 'Transportation', which indicates a particle leaving the sensitive
detector. (I think it is leaving, but you'll have to check to be sure.)

I hope this solves your problem.

Jan

PS Below you can find two bash scripts that run a Gate simulation and
extract the annihilation coordinates from the hits output, without
creating a huge hits file.  Perhaps they are usefull.

#!/bin/bash
rm -f gateHits.dat
mkfifo gateHits.dat
./process.sh gateHits.dat > annihilations.dat &
Gate beamgeometry.mac > screenout
rm gateHits.dat

#!/bin/bash
cat $1 | grep 'annihil' | gawk '{print $14, $15, $16}'