[Gate-users] NEC curves/dead-time

Sebastien JAN sebastien.jan at cea.fr
Wed Oct 11 18:18:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I would be in particular interrested in knowing how to model different %
> dead-time losses for trues, scatters and randoms with GATE.

I'm not sure to understand very well what you mean, but the "global"
dead time due to the detection/electronic/coincidence processing/data
transfert....can not discriminate if an event is true, scatter or random.
Basically, if you want to model a realistic dead-time chain, you need to
define the following modules with GATE :

1/ dead time applied on the single detection (to model the DT due to the
scintillation + electronic frontend)

2/ DT module on the coincidence sorter (including the delayed coincidences)

3/ pile-up module for data transfert (from scanner to data storage)

For details, see the last version of the users guide.

Hope this help

Cheers
Sebastien