[gate-users] sample image from my IQ_phantom simulation

Schmidtlein, Ross/Sloan-Kettering Institute schmidtr at mskcc.org
Fri Sep 16 18:32:49 CEST 2005

Thanks Kris for the update.  I'll pass along the modified routines.

What I meant to say, and that you picked up on, is that while the
voxelized input for GATE is not quite in a format that STIR can use, it
is quite close.  My feeling is (and as you suggest) that creating a
translation to an interfile format that STIR can use for attenuation
correction will be fairly straight forward (GATE uses Hounsfield units
and a material range translator to build a voxelized phantom).  In the
previous email I meant to suggest that STIR's image_generation routine
can provide some insight to creating an independent voxel translator
(i.e. coordinate system convention and the like) and should be examined.
The STIR image generation program is very good for regular geometric
shapes such as phantoms and the like and is probably best for those
applications.

ross