New GATE PET results and RE: [gate-users] results differing

Chen, Yu Yu.Chen at umassmed.edu
Fri Sep 2 18:31:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

I guess different machines (even with the same op systems)
might have different random sequential generators.

Emma and others:

Can you put your benchmarkPET results for new GATE 2.X here
for reference?

Recently I installed GATE v2.2.0 in two systems:

1) Intel Xeron CPU 2.0G mem 1G
RedHat Linux 9.0 gcc 3.2.3

installation is very smooth with
static only
g4global no
g4debug no
vis yes
openglx, dawn, vrml installed

benchmarkPET 11.5 hrs

 There are 3.68055e+07 recorded decays
 There are 315711 true unscattered coincidences
 There are 23411 random coincidences
 There are 371178 scattered coincidences
  ==> there are 710300 coincidences (true, scattered, and random)
  ==> global scatter fraction = 0.540376
  ==> absolute sensitivity = 0.857782 %
 Measured O-15 life-time = 123.918 [s]
 Nominal  O-15 life-time = 122.24  [s]
   ==> difference = 1.37293 %
 Gamma acolinearity FWHM = 0.606414 degree (expected: 0.58)

while

2) AMD Opteron Processor 240 CPU 1.4G mem 2G
SuSE Linux gcc 3.3.3

static only
g4global no
g4debug no
vis no

benchmarkPET 15.3 hrs

 There are 3.68053e+07 recorded decays
 There are 315788 true unscattered coincidences
 There are 23497 random coincidences
 There are 370963 scattered coincidences
  ==> there are 710248 coincidences (true, scattered, and random)
  ==> global scatter fraction = 0.540171
  ==> absolute sensitivity = 0.857997 %
 Measured O-15 life-time = 123.399 [s]
 Nominal  O-15 life-time = 122.24  [s]
   ==> difference = 0.948416 %
 Gamma acolinearity FWHM = 0.606381 degree (expected: 0.58)

The running time is too long to be considered as reasonable according
to Seb.

Where is problem from?

Yu Chen, Ph.D.
Division of Nuclear Medicine