[gate-users] Re: spblurring

Mikhail Shilov mshilov1 at jhmi.edu
Fri Aug 19 20:41:20 CEST 2005

I just noticed this thing with the Spatial blurring while doing some test run s with GE Millennium spect camera.
I constructed a collimator only with one hole and looked at the results of a simulation from a spherical volume source. The camera is in Y-Z plane. I set up the digitizer as follows:

#	A D D E R
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert adder

#       R E A D O U T
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert readout
/gate/digitizer/Singles/readout/setDepth 1

#      E N E R G Y   B L U R R I N G
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert blurring
/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/setResolution 0.15
/gate/digitizer/Singles/blurring/setEnergyOfReference 140. keV

# S P A C I A L  B L U R R I N G
/gate/digitizer/Singles/insert spblurring
/gate/digitizer/Singles/spblurring/setSpresolution  30.0 mm
/gate/digitizer/Singles/spblurring/verbose 1

First of all I don't get ANY blurring in the interfile projection output. Does anyone knows why?
Second, when I look at the ASCII gateSingles.dat file I see the correct blurring in the Y direction but absolutely no blurring in the Z direction.

Christian,

I saw your postings on this issue. Did you manage to fix the problem? Does you correction  to the code fix this bug? :

GateSpblurring.cc:
G4double PzNew = G4RandGauss::shoot(Pz,m_spresolution/2.35);

Thanks

Mikhail A. Shilov
The Johns Hopkins University
Department of Radiology