[gate-users] How to input a history file

Schmidtlein, Ross/Sloan-Kettering Institute schmidtr at mskcc.org
Mon Aug 1 21:40:59 CEST 2005

Hi David,

I'm not sure if I was answering Mikhail questions with my comments but he brought up a topic that is at least very similar to one that someone asked me about recently.  I was thinking in terms of the first option that you mentioned.  This method would take a list of particles recorded at a boundary crossing and then importing this list into GATE in order to take advantage of GATE's sophisticated and detailed geometries and signal processing abilities.

In terms of using only DigiGATE (option 2), a program to convert the users MC interactions into a "Hits" file and a Gate scanner model are "all" ;) that are really needed.  I'm sure the devil's in the details in this sort of endeavor but conceptually it's not too horrible.

What do you think?

ross