[gate-users] UMASS GATE INSTALL GUIDE

Giovanni Santin giovanni.santin at cern.ch
Wed Sep 29 13:08:27 CEST 2004

Hi
I haven't followed al lthe discussion before and I don;t follow exactly
the steps in the UMASS doc, but:

while linking, ld is looking for 'libCLHEP.a' (you see it from the error
message: cannot find -lCLHEP)

in your CLHEP_LIB_DIR (= /usr/src/CLHEP/lib) which files do you have?
did you create a symbolic link libCLHEP.a to the *real* library file
(that in my example I will call libCLHEP-g++.1.8.1.0.a)
with the commands:

cd $CLHEP_LIB_DIR
ln -s libCLHEP-g++.1.8.1.0.a libCLHEP.a

hope this helps