[gate-users] linux versions...???

Peter Bloomfield peter.bloomfield at camhpet.ca
Wed Oct 13 15:59:57 CEST 2004

Dear Nicolas,

My experience is as follows,
I have tried to install Gate under SuSE for quite some time now with little,
or no success, starting with version 8.?. At that time, I changed to RedHat 9
and installed with no problem. Since then I have progressed through both
Fedora Core 1 and 2 again with no problems.

Peter

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 09:51, Nicolas Sakelios wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have successfully install GATE and working on it in my desk PC, in which
> I m using Red Hat Linux 9.0. All seems to work OK, and no problem up to
> now. I tried to install GATE in my laptop as well. The operating system is
> the SUSE Linux 9.1, KDE version 3.2.1 and release 2.6.4-52.
> GATE was successfully installed, no errors appeared, but the program
> doesn’t open at all. Instead, I am asked if I want to “debug” or
> something like that. I am wondering whether GATE can work with the SUSE
> Linux version I have, or I should install Red Hat Linux 9.0 to my laptop
> too, if I want to run the program there.
>
> Thank you very much
> Nicolas Sakelios
> National Technical University of Athens
>
> My configuration options are the following.
>
> G4WORKDIR is set to .
> G4TMP is set to ./tmp
> G4BIN is se to ./bin
> Data analysis and output features enabled
> Ascii data output enabled
> Use of ROOT disabled
> ROOT real time plotter disabled
> LMF data output disabled
> ECAT7 data output disabled
> WARNING: variable GATEHOME is not set
> 		It will be assumed to be the current directory
> =>/root/gate_v1.0.1
> Checking your path variable…
> => OK: /root/gate_v1.0.1/bin/Linux-g++ added to your path variable
> G4VERSION is not set: GATE will use the code compatible with Geant4 version
> => 5.0
> G4VERSION5.1 is set: GATE will use the run manager compatible with Geant4
> version => 5.1
> G4VERSION5.2 is set: GATE is compatible with Geant4 version => 5.2
>
> Done

Peter M. Bloomfield
Physicist,
PET Centre,