[gate-users] Re: gate-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 5

Ananth Ravi ananth.ravi at sw.ca
Tue Oct 12 17:14:06 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I have a two part question. Being a new to GATE, I wanted to try running
a simulation
of a voxelized source and attenuation medium.  I managed to use, the
brain phantom that is provided in the GATE package.  However, during the
simulation I found that GATE only utilized one of the processors in my
dual processor machine.  I was wondering whether i needed to
compile/execute GATE with a specific flag, in order to make it
distribute the threads between both processors.

The second part of this query is in regards to the ROOT file output.  I
was first wondering if there was any documentation on what each of the
data variables generated by GATE truly mean.  And if there was a method
by which I could convert the ROOT file output into a sinogram/list mode
file so that I may (in the future) figure out how to reconstruct the
output back into an image.

Thanks,
Ananth Ravi