[Gate-users] Spread-out Bragg peak(SOBP) using GATE

Schneider Tim Tim.Schneider at curie.fr
Tue May 17 11:56:43 CEST 2022

Hi Atiq,

If you don’t want to use RM wheels, ridge filters or similar devices, you can create SOBPs simply by summing up the dose of multiple simulations run with different beam energies. To calculate what beam energies to simulate and what weights to use for the summation, you can follow e.g. the model of Jette et al. (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/56/11/N01/meta). You might have to tweak the values of their model a bit but it generally gave ok results for me.

Best,
Tim