[Gate-users] calculation of photon specific absorbed fraction

Matthew Strugari matthew.strugari at dal.ca
Wed Mar 16 14:46:26 CET 2022

Hello,

If you’re only after the SAF values, I would take a look at OpenDose<https://opendose.org/>. You can find SAFs (and other great information) for the ICRP 110 adult phantoms there which were already calculated with GATE. I’m not sure of your specific application but this would be the fastest route, unless you wanted to setup your own simulations to calculate SAFs for some other custom use case. Then I would checkout the GATE docs and the methods used by the OpenDose collaboration for your application.

Cheers,
Matthew