[Gate-users] negative dose-uncertainty

Mike Tabriz mtabriz at msn.com
Thu Jul 28 15:35:31 CEST 2022

Dear Gate Users,

I am currently working on a radiation dosimetry project where the output is a 3D dose (or energy) distribution map with associated uncertainty.

Naturally, the relative uncertainty values per voxel of the output image file approach zero with increased run time. Beyond that point, however, negative values of relative uncertainty are reported per voxel. I need to know what the negative sign signifies. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Mike