[Gate-users] vGate 9.1 on Mac OS BigSur

Luc SIMON uhqd75 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 15:33:47 CEST 2021

Thanks all for your help
Gunjan: it is very strange that it works for you nd not for me.
Fateme: we checked that and we have an intel processor
Nils: we used to work directly on mac. But with the last updates of
Geant4/Gate/Root/libtorch, it becomes complicated. Using vGate is very
comfortable for us.
We are going to use vGate9.0 and to compile Gate 9.1 inside.
Thank you again

Le jeu. 21 oct. 2021 à 08:27, Nils Krah <nils.krah at creatis.insa-lyon.fr> a
écrit :

> Hi Luc,
> I don’t have a solution, but just for the record:
> This seems to be a virtual box error not linked to Gate. When you say
> “starting the machine”, you mean, starting the operating system within
> virtual box, right? Maybe best to search the internet for similar issues
> with the same underlying operation system on a MacPro regardless of Gate?
> Maybe you can start the operation system in safe mode and debug from there?
>
> Out of curiosity: What is the reason you do not run Gate natively on the
> Mac?
>
> Not very helpful greetings
> Nils
>

> On Oct 20, 2021 at 4:33 PM, <Luc SIMON <uhqd75 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello gaters
> vGate 9.1 doesn't work on our Mac Pro with a recent OS (BigSur).
>
> When starting the "machine" v9.1 using virtualbox 6.1.28, we have the
> message
> *:*
>
> *"Oh no Something has gone wrong A problem has occured and the system cant
> recover"*
>
> We tried several things (increase the ram,...) but nothing works.
>
> vGate 9.0 works fine on the same mac.
> Moreover this vGate 9.1 works fine on my old macbook using Mojave
>
> Thank you for any help of the "vGaters".
>
> Luc
>

> --

SIMON Luc, Physicien Médical, PhD, HDR
Département d'Ingénierie et de Physique Médicale - IUCT-Oncopole -
Toulouse, FRANCE
INSERM UMR 1037 (CRCT) - Equipe 15 - Toulouse, FRANCE