[Gate-users] Root output file in a cylindrcalPET system

Riccardo Arnone r.arnone1 at campus.unimib.it
Mon May 3 17:34:38 CEST 2021

Dear Gate users,

We have defined a classical CylindricalPET system to run some simulations
and we set a root output:
        # OUTPUT
        # ROOT Output format
        /gate/output/root/enable
        /gate/output/root/setFileName {outname}
        /gate/output/root/setRootSinglesAdderFlag 0
        /gate/output/root/setRootSinglesReadoutFlag 0
        /gate/output/root/setRootHitFlag 0
        /gate/output/root/setRootSinglesFlag 0
        /gate/output/root/setRootNtupleFlag 0
        /gate/output/root/setRootCoincidencesFlag 1
Looking into the output file we can see that there is more than one
"Coincidences" tree:
        Coincidences:##
        Coincidences2;##
Where ## represent some number.
Moreover, we noticed also that when we stop the simulation the root file
opens with a warning (of course) and only "Coincidences2" is there.
What is this "Coincidences2" tree? Does it stores different events than
"Coincidences"?

Thank you in advance!
Riccardo Arnone